Between 2008 and 2010 Catalyst campaigned with a broad range of women's groups and NGOs for a national paid parental leave scheme.
Paid Parental Media
- Poll backs paid parental leave, ABC Radio News & Online, 9th April 2009
- On 3rd March 2009 Catalyst's response to an article in the Sydney Morning Herald by Lisa Pryor was published. You can read it here.
- Catalyst Executive Director, Jo-anne Schofield was featured in the Sydney Morning Herald and the Newcastle Herald on the draft report into paid parental leave system for Australia. She argued that it’s time for a new conversation about work and family – one that involves men as well as women. Read her article in the Sydney Morning Herald here. Read the Newcastle Herald Article here.
- Listen to 2UE’s interview with Jo-anne Schofield about the Catalyst submission
- Leave accounts: win-win solution to child care - ABC News Online (Opinion section), 23 April 2009
- Parental Leave 'accounts' scheme mooted - Australian Financial Review, 22nd May 2008
- Women would be the losers - Daily Telegraph, 22nd May 2008